Today we’re having a different talk, a dirty talk… Are you using dirty words in sex or as a foreplay in your relationship? No? Maybe you should try it…
Since one of the most important things in a relationship is communication, it only makes sense that when things get hot and heavy, you should continue to have a dialogue. Yes, I’m suggesting dirty talk, and yes, if you haven’t given it a try during sex or foreplay, it’s time. It’s actually less scary than it seems.
Whether you choose to talk dirty in bed, via sexting, or like to indulge in good old-fashioned phone sex, talking dirty is definitely something everyone should try. Here are 5 hot reasons why:
1. Helps you learn what you are comfortable with. It can make some people feel vulnerable to put themselves out there in such a vocal way, and then there are those who just can’t say certain words, like “pussy,” or “cock,” which, to be honest, are the words you’re often going for when you’re talking dirty. There’s also the challenge of overcoming how you view words in the real world and how your view them in the bedroom.
2. It’s awesome foreplay. As any doctor or sex therapist will tell you, foreplay is an extremely important part of sex, especially for women. It takes women far longer to get aroused than men, and that’s why they don’t orgasm as quickly as men do. For us, foreplay is essential. If you can start with some dirty talk, then you’ll be tantalizing each other in ways that are just as important as physical foreplay. Quickies are fun, but if you have the time to take your time, then do it. Set aside a full 20 minutes of just talking dirty to each other before you even remove your clothes and touch each other. You’ll see the difference it makes.
3. You will totally surplised yourself. It’s always nice when you can still surprise yourself, isn’t it? And the thing is, when you push yourself to do something that you’ve never done, you just might realize it was made for you. Talking graphically about how you want to be touched and how you’re going to touch your partner might revolutionize your sex life — but you’ll ever find out unless you give it a try.
4. You will surprised your mate. There are plenty of ways to spice things up in your long-term relationshipwhen things are feeling a bit stale. If your sex life has become the stuff of missionary right before bed, then talking dirty to your partner is an easy way to switch things up a bit. Chances are the dirty things you’ve been thinking, but haven’t said out loud yet, will truly surprise them. You can whisper in your partner’s ear, making sure your lips just slightly graze their earlobe. From there, depending on their response, you can continue, or let them take over and tell you what they’re thinking, too.
5. It leads to better sex. If you’re talking honestly, openly, and graphically about what you want to get out of every sexual experience, how can it not lead to better sex? With communication and all this dirty talk, there are no secrets — and neither you nor your partner is forced to try to figure out what that moan or facial expression really means. Sex shouldn’t be a riddle.